Frederick "Freddy" Krueger is the main antagonist of the 2010 remake of the 1984 horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street. He is a sadistic pedophile who enjoyed luring children to his secret cave where he would molest, torture, and take pictures of them. After learning of this, the parents of the children burned him alive. Somehow, he returned as a vengeful spirit that had the ability to enter and manipulate dreams.
He is portrayed by Jackie Earle Haley.
Fred Krueger worked as a gardener at a preschool in Springwood, Ohio. Although, seemingly a kind old man, this was all a ruse, as Fred would lure children down into the basement where he would torture and molest them. The parents found out about this after seeing scratch marks on their children. They formed a lynch mob where they found him, locked him inside a building, and burned him alive.
What Makes Him Pure Evil?
- Unlike the original:
- He is taken much more seriously in this film and lacks the laughably evil moments.
- He's confirmed to be a pedophile, unlike the original who was only ever implied to be.
- He lacks the rough upbringing (in fact, nothing of his early life is mentioned).
- He faked kindness to gain the trust of parents and children.
- He not only molested and tortured kids, but he also took pictures.
- He kills twelve people in his revenge plan.
- Fred Krueger on the Villains Wiki.